4 Daily Skin Care Tips

4 Daily Skin Care Tips
Just as you should take care of your body and eat healthy, exercise, and follow healthy lifestyle habits, caring for your skin is equally important. The skin is the largest organ of the body and needs attention to keep it hydrated, clear, elastic, youthful, and protected. It can be difficult to get into the habit of a daily skin care regimen, but with practice and more information, maintaining healthy skin doesn't have to be a hassle. Everyone's skin is different, but there are a few things everyone can do to keep up with their skin, whether they struggle with acne, have dry skin issues, or are trying to reduce the shine from excess oil. Here are four of our tips to help you get on the right track for skin that's happy and healthy.

Always Remember SPF

Whether it's a warm summer day or an overcast day in the middle of winter, the sun is always out and about, which means the exposed parts of your skin need to be protected. On a cloudy day, the sun's powerful UV rays are only blocked by about 20%, meaning the other 80% can reach your skin and cause damage. Be sure to apply some degree of SPF to your face and other exposed areas of your skin, especially if you will be outdoors for an extended period of time. Depending on your skin and how long you will be outside, SPF 30 is typically the recommended level. spf 30 Many people skimp on the SPF because of how sunscreen may smell or how much of a pain it can be to apply. When some think back to their recent trip to the beach, they may remember sunscreen leaving a white film on the skin or how annoying it was to reapply. Luckily, there are thousands of products that contain SPF, from moisturizers, foundations, and lotions that can help you out. As for regular sunscreen, lotions, sprays, gels, and sticks are available today that won't be a hassle to apply.

Cleanse

Our skin picks up a lot of dirt throughout the day, especially on our face. Because of this, it needs to be cleansed at least once per day to keep it fresh and healthy. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, there are right and wrong ways to cleanse your face. Make sure you are using a gentle cleanser that isn't too exfoliating. You will also want to use lukewarm water to prevent irritating your skin while you wash. If you are unsure of the cleanser that will work best for you and your skin type, be sure to consult your dermatologist for more information. Sometimes, dermatologists will recommend that you wash your face twice a day, usually in the morning and before bed. Be sure to stick to the recommended routine because over-washing can cause irritation, dryness, and can strip away the layer of our skin that protects us from environmental factors. always cleanse

Moisturize

Aside from drinking plenty of water to keep your body and skin hydrated, applying moisturizer daily can really make a difference. Moisturizer helps with all skin types, from dry to oily. Using a moisturizer daily can help your skin feel smoother, prevent or reduce signs of aging and wrinkles, and preserve your skin's health and hydration. Moisturizer is best applied after washing your face and before shaving or applying makeup. Plus, many moisturizers can contain SPF, which can help you get your daily dose of sun protection! Moisturizers can be designed to be used twice a day: once in the morning and once in the evening, which is especially helpful if you're struggling with dry or aging skin. If you're looking for the right moisturizer for you, be sure to speak with your dermatologist about the best options. daily moisturizer

Treatment

Struggling with acne? Want to reduce the wrinkles on your face? Whatever your specific skin problem may be, keeping up with it every day can help. After consulting your dermatologist about the products, medications, or treatments you will need for your skin concerns, be sure to stick with the plan you've created for best results. That could be applying spot treatments to acne, using an under-eye cream for puffy eyes, using an extra-strength moisturizer for dry patches, or applying a treatment for rosacea. Getting into a routine and taking care of these issues daily can produce the results you've been after. While these are just a few of the ways you can protect and care for your skin every day, there are plenty of other options. If you are looking to improve your skin, whether it's reducing the appearance of aging or caring for acne, it's a good time to find the right products that will work for you. At Calysta Labs, our products are designed with natural ingredients that can help keep your skin healthy. From our Clarifying Charcoal Mask that can treat breakouts, to the Restorative Foaming Cleanser that cleanses and removes impurities, there's something for everyone's needs. Take a look at our products and determine what you need to consider for your skin.